The Queue | The Thank You Economy [NEW KEYNOTE]

This week I am interrupting our regularly scheduled episode of The Queue for a special guest keynote.Gary Vaynerchuk Gary Vaynerchuk has a new book out called The Thank You Economy (affiliate link). I had a chance to attend the RE/MAX Convention in Las Vegas (huge credit to RE/MAX for having a truly relevant speaker) on the day of the book release and heard Gary speak for the first time live and in person. As expected he was inspiring. What I really loved was that because he was addressing a room full of Realtors, many of the analogies and advice he shared was specific to our industry.

The normal format of The Queue is to provide you with practical take aways that will help your business improve by leveraging technology and social media. There is nothing I can do this week that would more quickly accomplish that than by suggesting that you BUY THIS BOOK RIGHT NOW!

There are 29 responses to this post! Join in...

1. Thank you, Tech Savvy Agent – you made my Friday with this video post!

2. Great talk by Gary V. Thanks for sharing the video. Looking forward to seeing you next week in Las Vegas for Gen Blue!

3. Tracy Nunley says:

Love the girls question, “where do I start?”
    Yes the answers are all google. I think what Full Time working agents is a so called “do this” list and a place to purchase it and have it ready to use.

Love Gary! Great , I am purchasing the book.

4. That was great! Thanks Chris for sharing that video. Makes me think I’m not doing nearly enough with social media!

5. Kathy says:

Wow, great Video! Thank you for sharing. It sure opened my eyes!

6. Brian Milbrett says:

Thank you so much for sharing your video of Gary. Had you not I would never have heard of this guy and that would have been a shame.
    Also, I have not taken the time to say this before, Tech Savvy ROCKS! Thanks Chris.

7. Scott Feirn says:

I agree, a perfect speaker and topic for any real estate event. He is so right, things are changing and will continue to change. You must roll with it or get rolled over.

8. Robert says:

Great video! This is exactly what i need to understand social media for the future. Implementing now!!!

9. Megan Barber says:

My RE/MAX clients were buzzing about this. That was fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing!

10. John Coley says:

Chris – thanks for posting this. I have been listening off and on all day as I work. Very inspiring, I just ordered his book from amazon!!

11. Chris Bohn says:

I enjoyed Gary at the RE/MAX Convention. It was a great week. I’ve ordered both his books. I’m so glad that RE/MAX brings us such good stuff! It was information overload with Gary, You, Steve, Nik-Nik and Max. So much stuff to absorb and implement. Grrrrrr….I will get my new iPad next week!

12. Haley Weaver says:

I adore Gary and I adore you, Chris for sharing this info!

Honestly, the only thing I “technically” learned was search.twitter.com capabilities (BLEW my mind, btw). All of that stuff can be found on the Googles & is frustrating/exhausting to learn in seminars anyway (we never go back to it). But this reassured me that I/We are on the right path. I’ve really doubted this in the past year and at times thought what everyone has been telling me (that I’m wasting my time) was true. I’ll never doubt it again.

Long live teh interwebz!

13. Aaron Juarez says:

Thanks for the post. I was at this convention and I can truly say that this is a game changer. If you have not had a chance to see Gary you are missing out. Also the techsavvy crew kicked butt on all of the great ideas and tools they brought to the convention. Thanks again to Dave and the staff at RE/MAX for bring the most cutting edge information to us.

14. Thanks AGAIN Chris for sharing; Like Gary says this can all be time consuming and overwhelming, but I’ve invested my time into your media suggestions and I’m very happy I’ve done so. Watched this video for an hour (now almost 2AM) and I’ll just re-iterate what @Haley Weaver said. I’m on the right track…. thank-you, I appreciate you.

15. Great talk! Thanks for sharing. Gonna order his books … not from amazon …. gonna do it the ole fashioned way … and drive one mile to borders …. can’t wait for the snail delivery …. I know …there’s electronic versions for instant access but, I still like to touch and feel the paper!

16. Frank Grabon says:

Thanks for sharing Chris. I finally got through the whole video. I wish I went this year.

17. Marina Brito says:

Chris, Thanks for sharing Gary’s talk. It was fantastic in person, and it is great to have the opportunity to enjoy it again and again.

My favorite quote is: “…own the emotional equity of the poeple”

18. John Mangas says:

Gary “crushed it” WOW…we’ve seen the future in the form of a high energy Russian who’s just crazy smart!

19. Kathy kuyoth says:

I attended the Re/Max Convention and Gary was great. I ordered his book on the spot. This guy is truly relevant! this year’s convention was the Best!

20. @SeanRealty says:

Chris!
    Thank you very much for uploading this!!
    We just watched it, and found it TOTALLY worth it!! Especially being realtors!!
    Much gratitude for sharing!!

21. Patty Knaggs says:

Wow, what a valuable video/piece of information. Thank you Chris for making this available. Downloading book after this post!

22. Wish I would have went to the REMAX Conference.

23. chuck bell says:

FOR THOSE NOT AT CONVENTION, THIS GUY HAD TO FOLLOW JOE THIESMAN!So it was WOW and WOW!
    So glad i had the chance to see this, again!i am going to make my teenagers watch it!in fact i will watch it again too!REMAX convention was great

24. WOW! I want to be relivant – this is amazing and jarring and motivating. Thank you!

25. Marion Gamez says:

WOW!! Great video! Lot of great information for us 40 somethings!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

26. Doug Francis says:

That really is a great video… thanks for sharing. Being real is an essential ingredient to success with social media but most agents are looking for the immediate “close”. Good point Gary!

27. Toni Hedstrom says:

WOW! I love this guy! Awesome speaker – Thanks Tech Savvy Agent for sharing!

28. The practical things that were shared in this post are unparalleled. I really feel that more people need to help Gary in spreading the word about the Thank You Economy. Help him not only by practicing and giving him credit, but by do talks ourself/yourself to you local office or at any event where people will listen. Great post thank you for sharing.

29. Tami Esling says:

I’m a bit behind and just finished Crush It – Loved it! I have already download The Thank You Economy and look forward to reading it! Thanks for leading us Chris and Gary!

What do you think?