So today we will hit the 3,000 fan mark! We are the largest Real Estate Technology Fan Page on Facebook and our rise to “fame” can be attributed to specific best practices that we try to live by. What does having 3,000 Facebook Fans really mean? Here are our thoughts as to why we have grown so quickly, what you should be doing to see the same success and how that growth speaks to the future of real estate technology.
1. We provide valuable, bite size content that is focused on helping improve our Fans business each and every day, not focused on self promotion and selling products.
2. Anytime we receive a comment on our wall or blog posts we respond quickly as to keep the conversations fresh and to keep the page interactive. Way too many Fan pages are a one way street where the Fans do not see the value being at a level where interaction is warranted.
3. We know our audience and value their time, wouldn’t want to waste it with fluff and meaningless posts. All of the content we provide is well thought out and our goal is that you don’t have to browse the web all day looking for the important tech topics we do that for you.
4. We encourage interaction and open discussions and would never think of deleting a legit comment just because it wasn’t they way we feel about the topic at hand.
5. There is a level of commitment on our end that we are really here on the page each and every day for our Fans and not auto posting or syndicating content. We are also more than willing to link to other websites not just our own and that is something that we think our Fans appreciate.
You may notice on a Fan Page like Agent Genius or Inman News there is little to no content at all on their wall that was written for their Facebook Fans specifically, all status updates are just being fed by a syndication program that sends it all over the web. Also, every post they make links to their website. We can appreciate this because we love unique visitors just like the next geek, but can they honestly say there isn’t relevant content elsewhere that their Fans should be reading. The results from that approach are less Fans and less interaction, even though both of those companies are larger and way more established than Tech Savvy Agent(2 of our favorite sites btw we just run our Fan pages differently). Facebook is a special place and shouldn’t be just another site on your feed!
Lastly, we try to use multimedia as often as possible. It is so easy with Facebook to post videos, pics, etc…Statistics are showing us that links, pics and videos get significantly more engagement than simple text status updates. Make sure more often than not you include visual aids of some sort. We found the clip below on You Tube and thought that it was hilarious. Hopefully it will bring a laugh to what we all know can be stressful days, if you find it amusing and thought this post was helpful others will as well so please share(no shame in begging when the content is solid!). Here’s to the next 3,000 Fans and thanks to all of you that got us to this point!