How to Get More Followers and Find People to Follow on Google Plus

With Google+ being so new, everyone is try to figure out who is on, who to follow and how to get more followers.  I just found a website that will help you get more followers because of of a pretty cool Google+ badge.  Go Check out Social Statistics!  Log in with your Google account and it will spit out a code for you to paste on your website or blog, which will create a Google+ statistics badge. Check out my example below.

Also, it tracks the most followed people on Google’s new social site and can help you find quality people to put in your circle. Remember, on Google+ you can put anyone you want into a circle and see what they have to say like Twitter ;-). Check out the number one person on the list! LOL

UPDATE

Here is a really cool site called www.findpeopleonplus.com that really lets you dive into Google Plus to find interesting people and/or topics. Check out the video to see how it works!

There are 8 responses to this post! Join in...

1. Mike Schmidt says:

Well, the fact that Mark Zuckerberg is in that image is priceless!

2. Lani Rosales says:

I like the idea of the badge for people who are active, but it doesn’t have the logo, so most people won’t even know what it is. What a horrible design.

But beyond that, I’m not sure I subscribe to the “get more followers” notion on G+… I have 426 followers and I have no idea who many of these Malaysian, Russian or Indian men are, rendering part of that follower number useless for business. And *I’M* not even *trying* to “get” more users.

Like the badge, hate the idea of “getting more followers” in such an intimate setting as Google Plus, but maybe I’m paranoid that Google (aka Big Brother) is watching. ;)

3. steve says:

Good input Lani! I agree about the badge but disagree about the followers. I think that aspect of Google+ lends itself to being more like Twitter. you can have as many followers as you would like, but you are not going to put everyone back in your circle. Having more people listen to me is fine with me, the beauty is choosing who you listen to back.

Thanks for sharing your input and insight!!

4. Lani Rosales says:

The difference is that I can turn my stream completely off on Twitter and opt out of allowing people to see what I say. G+ feels limited for personal use. That makes sense, right? :D

5. steve says:

Yeah, they should have a way to turn off that thing on the top that says 14 people are sharing with you. It’s not overly distracting, but I certainly see what you mean.

6. Ryan Peters says:

@Lani Rosales,

On Google+ you can do the same thing: just set the privacy setting for your posts to the people in your circles. You can set it to public, people in your circles, people in your friends’ circles, individual people… any number of people, actually. It’s very intuitive!

7. Keith says:

Good job on being first page for Google results for how to add google plus followers after you sign up.

8. Brandon says:

Make sure to add me, Brandon Purificacion, in you circle! https://plus.google.com/113461442314940490556

I am a professional photographer who has had his work displayed at USC’s Fisher Museum of Art and USC’s Roski of Fine Arts building.

I also do birthday, wedding, street, freeway, and random photography and am based in LA County. I’m always looking to learn from others as well as having others learn from me so let’s help each other!

What do you think?