Moving Beyond Slide Shows – Prezi Review
Guest Post by Liz Landry of Keller Williams Realty
In the uber competitive world of real estate we all want to shine like a star on our buyer and seller appointments. Many agents today are still bringing flip charts and packets of paper and to appointments (76% to be specific according to CAR) and going through sheet, after sheet, after sheet. Losing their customers interest one page at a time. So let’s get you to stand out from the crowd!
We are here to introduce you to a great new tool for your listing presentations. Beyond the world of flip charts and PowerPoint’s; welcome to Prezi! Prezi is a free (we all love free) web based platform that moves you beyond slides and creates a captivating experience for its viewers.
Here is a quick example of how you could use Prezi to create a seller presentation:
Things to Keep in Mind
- It is going to take you a little bit of time to learn how to use the platform. So be patient and watch the tutorial videos. Once you get the hang of it though, you’ll fly through it!
- Prezi is based off of a “canvas”; not slides. This means that it is all one big picture and they use a zooming feature to highlight items and move throughout the canvas.
- Although Prezi’s zooming feature, the ability to hide things, turn in circles and pop in and out of pictures is its big draw; you want to be sure you are not zooming or turning too much that it makes your customers dizzy or distracts them from your overall message.
- You want to make the presentation full of visual data. Not facts and long bullet points. Prezi tends to work best when you have a strong vocal presentation (memorized) to go along with it. That way you can talk your customers through the graphics and take the conversation in the necessary direction.
- You can embed video directly into your Prezi; but it has to be in certain formats. I use a free online video conversion tool called Zamzar for this. Zamzar allows you to upload video through it or pull a link from the web. You choose the format you want it changed into.
- The Prezi that you create can be downloaded onto a USB drive, embedded into your website or used live online. So you have plenty of options for where and how you present.
The biggest drawback-and the only one in my opinion- of Prezi is that like with any presentation, you need to be in control of the conversation and if the customer is able to drag you down a rabbit hole you can easily lose your place. If you do go “free form” and vary off of your click-path in Prezi because of such an issue; know that with the simple click of the forward arrow it does put you back on track right where you left off. However, once off track and off script, it can be hard to regain your flow.
I’ve been using Prezi for well over a year in my teaching and in buyer and seller presentations. The reaction is the same every time… they are captivated and amazed. Give it a try, and I would love to see what you come up with so send me the link! You can find me easiest on my Facebook Fanpage to keep up on anything I am doing and to talk Real Estate, or send your Prezi’s!
UPDATE: January 10, 2011
You asked for it – now you got it! Prezi is now available on the iPad! You can download the Prezi App for the iPad and start using it right away!