How To: Be Notified When Someone Posts On Your Facebook Page
The Page Notifier Facebook application sends automatic email notifications when there is any activity on your Facebook business page. Page Notifier scans your business page looking for new comments and wall post. If new comments exist, you will receive an email notification with the comment and the link back to the original post.
How often Page Notifier scans your page depends on which version you use, free or premium. If you are a Facebook fanatic like me, I would recommend using the premium version that scans every 15 minutes.
To set up the application follow these simple steps
1. Visit Page Notifier app page - http://www.facebook.com/pagenotifier
2. Click on the “Go to application” link below their logo
3. Enter in your preferred email address and page id (post below if you need help getting your page id)
Step 4 and 5 for premium users only
4. Enter in your payment information to get your authorization code – copy it
5. Go back to the app page – add your authorization code
Why would I ever pay to receive updates?
The bottom line is you want to take advantage of any opportunity you can to interact and engage with your community. Being responsive will help you strengthen your relationships with your fans, encourage more engagement, and help you build your reputation. Manually scanning your page to monitor your activity is inefficient and a poor use of your time. In today’s world of instant gratification, being able to respond to a fan quickly could be the difference between getting that listing or not…I think that’s worth 15 bucks a month.
Guest Post by Jimmy Mackin of The MLS Facebook App